Limited 7 year Hardware Warranty
The Universal Shower Base Pty Ltd (ACN 130 592 086) (hereinafter referred to as “Universal Shower Base”) provides a limited warranty on all product components manufactured and distributed by Universal Shower Base.
Subject to the conditions and limitations set out below, Universal Shower Base warrants to the original purchaser that product components manufactured and distributed by Universal Shower Base:
1. meet or exceed the standard requirements of the BCA/NCC 3.8.1. (AS3740);
2. shower trays are compliant with AS3588;
3. shower bases, shower modules and the waste outlet provided with the product are Watermark licensed and compliant with AS3500.5; and
4. will be free from inherent defects due to an error in manufacture for the period of seven (7) years from the date of purchase.
If a defect in the product arises then the purchaser must notify Universal Shower Base within 14 days of discovering the defect and return the defective product or a defective component part of the product to Universal Shower Base, freight prepaid, together with proof of purchase.
Universal Shower Base will at its option rectify or replace without charge to the customer, damage or faults on products or parts agreed at Universal Shower Base’s discretion to be caused by an error in manufacture. If the product is no longer produced, Universal Shower Base may supply an equivalent replacement product, or if this is not possible, then repay the original invoiced price to the purchaser.
Replaced Products and Labour
Replaced products or product components become Universal Shower Base’s property.
The labour for the replacement of products or product components to which this warranty applies will be supplied by Universal Shower Base or a relevant supplier engaged by Universal Shower Base.
This warranty is only to the original purchaser of the product or to the first consumer for whom the product has been installed by a contractor. This warranty is not transferrable to any other subsequent owner of the product.
This warranty will apply only under all of the following conditions:
1. Failure is due to a fault in the manufacture of the product;
2. Proof of purchase is provided;
3. The product has been installed by qualified tradesperson; and
4. The installation of the product is in accordance with the instructions provided.
No claim under this warranty will be accepted in respect of defects arising from:
1. Normal wear and tear;
2. Minor discrepancies from specifications which are immaterial to the value and use of the product;
3. Damage due to chemical, electrochemical or electrical influences;
4. General inappropriate use or environmental conditions;
5. The failure to follow any installation procedures, operation, or maintenance specified or recommended by Universal Shower Base for the product;
6. Any circumstances beyond the control of Universal Shower Base, such as unauthorised repairs, tampering, misuse, abuse, accident, damage in transit, natural events, or damage caused by animals;
7. Defect in any framework or substrate to which the product has been installed supporting the product; or
8. Faulty workmanship of any person in the installation of the product.
For the avoidance of doubt, Universal Shower Base does not warrant the installation of its products or product components, notwithstanding that the products or product components may have been installed in accordance with the instructions provided.
Universal Shower Base will not be liable for the dismantling at site, return or reassembly at site of the product or to any structure to which it is affixed.
Repairs or replacements under this warranty do not extend the warranty period and do not initiate a new warranty period and the warranty period for any replacement parts ends together with the warranty for the entire product.
Universal Shower Base will not be responsible for consequential damages (such as loss of use), inconvenience, loss or damage to personal property, whether direct or economic, and whether arising in contract or tort. Under this warranty, Universal Shower Base’s responsibility shall not exceed the purchase price of the component or its replacement and installation thereof.
No other express warranty or representation has been made or will be made on behalf of Universal Shower Base with respect to its hardware components. No representative of Universal Shower Base or its distributors or resellers are authorised to make any changes to this warranty contract.
For all warranty queries, purchasers are to contact Universal Shower Base as follows:
The Universal Shower Base Pty Ltd
54-56 Elliot Road
Dandenong South VIC 3175
03 9791 8925
The benefits to the purchaser given by this warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any other statutory rights to which the purchaser may already be entitled, and this warranty does not exclude, restrict or modify any such rights or remedies implied by law.